Saturday, March 6, 2010

I promise you forever!

If I could answer all your questions with a yes, kiss every tear you ever cry,

If I could hold you for eternity, be buried with you when we die,

If I could promise you a life that’s full of only happy things,

If I could give you every second of my days, my nights, my dreams,

If I could run with you through fields of clover, keep your heart in tune with mine,

If I could dance with you in April rain, and shade you from harsh sunshine,

If I could promise you forever without a doubt, without a fear,

If I could only see the future and all that’s living there,

If I could cook your dinner, fold your laundry, hold your hand,

If I could show in every way that you’re the most amazing man,

If I could be perfection not a wrinkle or grey hair,

If I could do these things for you, babe you know I’m there.

If ever I abuse you, I beg you tell me true,

If ever I am hurting you, it’s not what I meant to do.

If ever I awaken to find that you are gone,

If ever I am taken by the stress that’s constant on,

If ever I am angry it’s not because I don’t care,

If ever I am cruel it’s because I haven’t learned to share,

If ever I do something, that you simply can’t forgive,

If ever I fail you, I would rather not live.

If ever life consumes me, I beg this thing of you,

Hold my hand through all the hard times and your love will get me through.

I don’t mean to sound all emo, but that’s how you make me feel

And cuz you’re the only who can, I know this time it’s real.

So if I ever break a promise, if I ever make you cry,

If for some unknown reason my sanity must die,

I never want to wonder if you will love me still,

Because I always want to know the way you really feel.

So hold my hand when I am frightened, kiss away my angry tears,

And promise me tomorrow for the next 100 years,

I know that that’s a lot to ask, so I’ll make it simple too,

I promise now and ever more I’ll love you and only you.

JulieDunkin2010

No comments:

Post a Comment